7/4/07

Day 33/34: The Girl Snores

I guess you know by now that we have a third party travelling with us. Her name is Layla. She comes up to my chin and kind of cute. The thing is that she's probably trouble.

Not that I don't trust women. My girl Karen works on television. She's my age and we've grown up together. Layla is a few years older than Quen and I. I think that Quen's just blinded by her looks at this moment. She came out of nowhere, and we somehow trusted her for some reason.

For all we know, she could have been a drifter who planned to kill us in our sleep. But she isn't. We've travelled together for a couple of days now, and we're spending the rest of the week at her family's house in El Paso. The Terrells seem like good folks. Hard workers, close family unit, kind of like what I wanted with moma, pops, nana Vana, and Kumpei.

Okay, I'm jealous.

Still, Layla snores. Loudly. I think she wants to join us for the rest of the trip. I think she's trouble, but then again, so are we. If she wants, I think we can fit her in.

Oh, just looked at the clock. It's the American equivalent to Canada Day now, i.e. Independence Day. The Fourth of July. The Terrells are having this huge cookout/barbeque in the afternoon. Can't wait for that.

Until then, Happy Fourth, and see you on the road.

- Bry

No comments: