6/6/07

Day 6: The Grand Canyon

I've never seen the Grand Canyon in real life before until yesterday. Just on movies and television. Oh, and books.

Bry and I saw it yesterday. I . . . I can't put it into words. It took centuries and centuries to create this wonder of the world, and I finally saw it. The Grand Canyon.

Certainly not just a hole in the ground. Far more than that.

Bry tried to convince me to walk on that silly clear walkway. I have to tell you up front. I'm afraid of heights. Sure, I've surfed the Malibu pipeline as well as tamed 50-foot waves on the Big Island, but that's the flimsiest looking thing I've ever seen.

Anyway, we're at the hotel. Bry wanted to see Anaheim kick Ottawa's butt tonight after what he calls "Ottawa's fluke win" over the weekend. And - - -

. . . the heck was that?!? Just heard this explosion outside. I'm going to check it out.

Until next time, mahalo, and latahz.

- Quentin

No comments: